46 Jay Street, Gobles Grove, Port Elgin, Ontario
|June 10 - June 17||Owner|
|June 17 - June 24||Owner|
|June 24 - July 1||$1400||$700||Available|
|July 1 - July 8||$1400||$700||Available|
|July 8 - July 15||$1400||$700||Reserved|
|July 15 - July 22||$1400||$700||Reserved|
|July 22 - July 29||$1400||$700||Reserved|
|July 29 - August 5||$1400||$700||Available|
|August 5 - August 12||$1400||$700||Available|
|August 12 - August 19||$1400||$700||Available|
|August 19 - August 26||$1400||$700||Available|
|August 26 - September 2||$1400||$700||Available|
|September 2 - September 9||$1400||$700||Available|
|September 9 - September 16||Owner|
Only a three minute walk from Lake Huron's sandy beaches and a five minute drive from Port Elgin, Shimmering Shores is an exclusive, three-bedroom private cottage in beautiful and peaceful surroundings. Non-smokers and no pets, please.
- Confirmation: The booking will be confirmed when the deposit is received (due within 10 days of the reservation) and a receipt will be mailed. A postdated cheque for the balance due dated for 30 days in advance of the reservation date) is also required at the time of booking.
- Cancellation: If the week is re-rented, then the balance of the rent will be refunded, less a $50.00 administration fee. If the week remains vacant, all monies are forfeited.
- No Pets: As some guests may have allergies, we DO NOT allow pets at the cottage.
- Maximum 6 person Occupancy: We reserve the right to limit the number of occupants. No subletting is allowed.
- No Weekend Rentals.
- Damage and Security Deposit ($250 cheque): Normal wear and tear is inevitable; however, if significant or deliberate damage does occur or if there is theft, the Security Deposit (otherwise refunded) will be utilized for this purpose as guests are expected to incur the cost of repair or replacement. The cottage is always checked for damage and theft following Check-Out. Please report any existing or potential problems during your stay so they can be immediately addressed and also not be an issue for the next guest. Guests must leave the cottage and patio area including the BBQ and Outdoor Fireplace as clean as they found it or a cleaning fee will be levied resulting in forfeiture of the Security Deposit. The Security Deposit will also be forfeited if there is non-adherence with the Rental Policies contained and extensively reviewed in the Cottage Information package which is mailed to all guests.
- Supply your own linens: (i.e., towels (bath, hand, beach and dish), sheets, pillow cases and blankets/duvets). Pillows also are NOT provided as per our COVID precautions. COVID cleaning protocols are in place. Surfaces are covered with restaurant quality vinyl where possible – PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE OR DAMAGE THEM. DO NOT USE ANTIBACTERIAL WIPES ON WOOD/RATTAN SURFACES as this would destroy the finish.
- Check In: Saturday @ 2:15 p.m. GUESTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE PRESENT@ CHECK IN to gain additional information about the cottage.
- Check Out: Mandatory 9:30 a.m. on Saturday (This includes exiting the property)
Please Note: Failure to comply with the Check Out time will result in forfeiture of the Security Deposit. This time is required by the new cleaning service and, if not adhered to, Shimmering Shores will lose this service.
- Please read your mailed information and bring it to the cottage as this will replace the Cottage Information Book as per our COVID protocols. Please dispose of your information on departure.
- If there is anything we have overlooked, please let us know.
- Thank you for the use of your cottage. It was very well-equipped and we made great use of the sun room.
Kelly, Steve & Katelyn & Norm & Cathy from Dorchester & Blenhem (August 2012)
- Thank you for letting us stay at your very nice cottage.
Jan, Guy and Louis (August 2012)
- Thanks for a relaxing week in your beautiful cottage. Fun in the sun!
The W. family from Toronto, Ontario (July 2012)
- Loved the biking trails! We enjoyed our stay at your lovely cottage. It's so fully equipped! Didn't need to bring anything! We'll be back.
The R. family (July 2012)
- You have a beautifully kept and clean cottage.
Judy from Clinton, Ontario (Aug 2011)
- Thank you for letting us stay at your beautiful cottage. We had a blast.
Linsay, Louis, Jan & Guy (July 2011)
- We enjoyed a quiet and tranquil vacation. The kitchen was nicely equipped for cooking. What a beautiful, private beach! Thanks for sharing your lovely spot with us.
The W. family (Aug 2010)
- Great vacation! Lovely stained glass lamp lit cottage. Lovely location and fabulous beach! Hate to go - hope we will be back.
Erwin, Trudi & Natalie from Cayuga, Ontario (Aug 2010)
- Great week - peaceful, relaxing, tranquel. Thank you for sharing!
Jane, Carol, Emma, Scott. - Oakville/Toronto
- We enjoyed our time here. Thank you.
Jeff from Ottawa
- Very peaceful and relaxing.
Jason from Vancouver, BC
- Thanks for the use of your cottage. It is a nice, quiet location. We had a great time!
Debbie, Frank, Katie & Felicia
- We had an amazing stay at your beautiful cottage. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Debbie, Jamie & Lindsay
- Thank you for sharing a great location and a beautiful cottage!
Nicole & Trevor from BC (2009)